Last updated: April 03, 2023
- Personal Information
Personal information is information that can identify an individual or is about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes your name, contact information and gender, among other things.
- Collection of Personal Information and Purpose of Collection
We only collect your personal information with your consent, or as may be permitted or required by law.
Types of Data
We collect the following types of information. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list:
- Profile Data (i.e. first name, last name, address, email address); and
- Website Usage/Technical Data (i.e. browsing patterns, pages you visit).
- Company Data (i.e. employed company you work with if you are visiting our site on a company computer through Zoominfo)
Collection of Data
We do not collect personal information except when you provide such specific information on a voluntary basis. We collect your personal information from you when you directly enter your information on our Site or send it to us electronically, for example, by submitting an online inquiry form or by sending us an email. We do collect company related information through our ZoomInfo licensing agreement with ZoomInfo Technologies LLC.
We collect your personal information on our Site for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you (i.e. responding to email inquiries about our professional services);
- Providing you with our professional services;
- Quality purposes, which include but is not limited to improving or maintaining our Site;
- Risk management, error management or for the purpose of activities to improve or maintain the quality of our programs or professional services;
- Marketing purposes if you have given your consent; and
- Administrative purposes related to any of the above purpose, including all the functions reasonably necessary for carrying out the purposes described above.
On our Site, we may monitor traffic patterns, Site usage and related site information in order to optimize our web service. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics services offered by Google to track and report site traffic, to better understand how we can improve our Site. These statistics do not include any identifiable personal information.
- Limiting Collection of Personal information
The amount and type of personal information that we collect directly from you is limited to that which is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified. Information is collected directly from you unless applicable laws permits or requires collection from third parties.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties to enable them to market their products or services. Under certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information. Some examples are:
- When you have consented to the disclosure;
- When we are required or authorized by law to do so (i.e. if a court issues a warrant or subpoena; and
- Where we engage a third party to provide services to us such as email and direct mail services subject to the third party agreeing to protect the confidentiality of such information.
We takes precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your personal information are:
- premises security;
- confidentiality policies;
- training for our staff;
- deploying technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent unauthorized computer access or “hacking”; and
- internal password and security policies.
However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases. Information you supply to us may be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of information by you to us is at your own risk.
You should be aware that e-mail is not an entirely secure medium, and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
Personal information is retained as required by law and to fulfill the purposes for which the information is collected. Information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes is securely destroyed, erased, or made anonymous.
- Access to, Correction or Deletion of your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us what personal information about you that we have in our records and to correct or update that information where applicable. We will respond to your request for access within reasonable timelines and costs to you, as governed by law.
Detailed requests that require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal professional and disbursement fees. Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. There are a number of situations where we may deny access. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct personal information, we will provide a reason or reasons for doing so.
Correction or Deletion Requests
You may request that your information be corrected or deleted if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Such requests must be made in writing and must explain what information is to be corrected and why.
Please direct any access or correction requests to our privacy officer.
- Third-Party Links
We may provide links to third-party websites. These links are provided as a matter of convenience only. As we do not own or control these websites, we have no responsibility or liability for the manner in which these websites or organizations that operate such linked websites may collect, use or disclose, secure and otherwise manage your personal information.
You should be aware that certain non-personal information and data may be automatically collected by the Site through the operation of what are called “cookies”. “Cookies” are small text files that identify an individual computer’s browser entering a web site. They allow the site to track that browser’s movement through the site over several sessions. Through cookies, a web site can recognize repeat users, facilitate the user’s access to and use of the site and allow a site to track usage behaviour that will allow content improvements.
- Privacy Officer Contact
- ZoomInfo Technologies LLC -Webinsights
We currently use ZoomInfo WebSights which may contain personal information about you and/or your company related information. This information is restricted to only selected authorized staff members at TNT. The information shared with us from ZoomInfo is as follows:
- The date and time the visitor was on my website
- The company name they currently work at (if it is a company computer)
- Unique Visits
- Page views
- Average session duration while on website
- Visitors office location
- Primary Industry
- Annual revenue
- Total Employees
As a client of Zoominfo, we use this software for the purpose of identifying potential clients who are visiting our website.
- Google Site Kit
We currently use Google Site Kit by Google Technologies for measuring analytics on our website. We do not have access to your personal information through Google Site Kit. The systems used within Google Site Kit to collect information are as follows:
Google Search Console which measures our website google search traffic and performance
Google Analytics which tell us how you as a visitor find, use and engage our site.
Googe Page Speed Insight which analyzes our site and provides suggestions to make it faster
Google Tag Manager which is a tag management system which allows us to measure our advertising return on investment as well as track flash, video and social networking sites and applications.
The data collected through Google Site Kit provides us the following information about you:
Search Channels (i.e. tells us if you visited our website through paid advertisements, organic search, social media sites, direct google searches)
Country (i.e tells us what country you are from when visiting our site.)
Device (i.e tells us if you visited our site on a certain device like a phone or pc, etc.)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30, Victoria Street
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 1H3
Phone: (819) 994-5444
TTY: (819) 994-6591